Sunday, December 7, 2008

Opera 10 Alpha

I've been using Opera for years now as my primary browser, since Opera 8, and was interested in the latest public offering, Opera 10, now in alpha mode. 

Opera 10 fully complies with the Acid3 test with a score of 100/100, (The Web Standards Project created the Acid tests to check a range of linking and rendering abilities in browsers to encourage a standard baseline for coding. Theoretically, sticking to the test rules should ensure that Web sites can be seen properly on any browser, while reducing development costs.), Opera Presto 2.2 rendering engine, integrated spell check, and now HTML formatting in Opera Mail.

One frustration I had was when I upgraded, all my passwords, and wand settings had gone and had to be reset. Apart from that, so far I have found Opera 10 alpha to be faster, and displays sites that previously had problems with Opera perfectly.


No comments:

Personal Powerline